If you are like me, who don't really like cereals in the morning then this is an excellent tasty snack that'll sure to keep you going until lunch time. Best of all, it is really simple to make.
3 cups (270g) rolled oats
1 cup (140g) almonds
1/3 cup (40g) peanuts
1/2 cup (60g) dried cranberries or sour cherries (optional)
2 tablespoons (12g) desiccated/shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup +1½ tbsp (200g) honey or agave syrup
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (80g) coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 340F (170C). line a 10” x 8” (25 X 20 cm) pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread in baking pan, pressing down very firmly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bars.